Tuesday, August 11, 2009

I hope they serve beer in hell by Tucker Max

One of my best friends gave me this book as a going away present because he thought it fit me to a "T". Basically it a guy with little to no limits in regards to his behavior. Why he was reminded of me escapes me. Part of the reason for the choice is because it chronicles the author's supposed life in law school at Duke University. I was eager to get some ideas of how to get through law school without trying, instead I got an entraining, but disposable, set of drinking tales. While it does cover it, I am sure Mr. Max would agree with something I am oft to say "You have not lived until you get blown by a Thai ladyboy in a alley behind Soi Cowboy for 10 bucks".

Needless to say for those of you who know me well these days, this was like crack cocaine for me. It basically encouraged me to get rid of whatever limits I had left and just be entirely honest. I do not know if doing so would work out as well as outlined in Mr. Max's yarns.

Really the best writing in the book was the short dedication written to me by my friend. Since I am trying to keep things anonymous here, thanks Bro. D I hope you can make it down here sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment